CHOCOLATE IRISH CREAM CHEESECAKE
1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
¼ cup butter, melted
½ tsp ground cinnamon
3 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
1 8-oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
½ cup Irish cream liqueur
2 tbsp whipping cream OR milk
2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine crumbs, butter and cinnamon; toss gently to mix.
- Spread mixture evening in the bottom of a 9 or 10-inch springform pan; press to bottom for firm, even crust (if using a 10-inch pan, add another ¼ c. chocolate wafer crumbs to the crust)
Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and the 8 oz melted chocolate; beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined.
- Add eggs all at once.
- Beat at low speed until JUST combined. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- Stir in liqueur, whipping cream and vanilla.
- Pour filling onto crust.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until centre appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then loosen sides.
- Cool for 30 more minutes, then remove sides and cool completely.
- Cover and chill cheesecake for 4 hours or overnight.
- Can serve with fresh raspberries