Business owners have special needs that must be addressed in estate planning. These needs may include:
- Ensuring that the business can be transferred to the next generation or sold as a going concern
- Lessening potential conflicts within the family over money and control
- Contractually providing for the sale of your shares in the business at your retirement, death, if you become disabled or have a disagreement with other shareholders
- Preparing for a smooth transition of your leadership regardless of the circumstances under which you leave the company
- Reducing taxes at death and/or ensuring that you will have adequate means to pay taxes at death, which may be significant if the business has substantially increased in value
We have the expertise required to help you design an effective estate plan that fully addresses the unique needs of your business and your family.