In the Community
We believe in giving back and are proud to support many worthy causes.
Edmond Financial Group has sponsored the Winnipeg Harvest Empty Bowl Event for many years. The event includes a dinner of fine soups and breads followed by a lively auction of bowls signed by over fifty celebrities, humanitarians and business leaders from around the world. All proceeds from ticket sales, the auction, sponsorships and donations support Winnipeg Harvest’s commitment to hungry families in Manitoba.
St. Charles Invitational Pro Am (Cancer Care Manitoba)
The St. Charles Invitational Pro Am presented by the Canada Life (formerly The Great West Life Assurance Company) who matches each dollar contributed through sponsorships to Cancer Care Manitoba. Since 1987, more than two million dollars has been contributed to Cancer Care through the efforts of this event. Since 2003, Edmond Financial Group has participated annually in this event as both a Platinum Sponsor and a Hole Sponsor.
Dawn to Dusk for Diabetes Tournament
Since 2009, Edmond Financial Group has been a major sponsor of this Cosmopolitan Club golf tournament which raises money to support diabetes care services at Youville Center.
Summer Winds Family Music Festival
Edmond Financial Group is proud to be a major sponsor of the Summer Winds Family Music Festival. This festival has become the main fundraiser for the Victoria Beach Community Centre. Over the years, attendance has grown from a few hundred people to thousands.
Lake Winnipeg Foundation
Edmond Financial Group has been a major sponsor of the Lake Winnipeg Foundation for years. The Foundation is an environmental non-governmental organization (ENGO) advocating for change and coordinating action to improve the health of Lake Winnipeg, so that we will have a clean, healthy Lake Winnipeg and watershed, now and for future generations.
Since 2000, Edmond Financial Group has sponsored a number of promising young athletes, some of whom have completed at the highest possible levels internationally. Currently, we sponsor Quinn Skrupa who trains at Brandon Eagles Gymnastics Club and has been a Canadian National Team member since 2011.
Over the years, we have also supported:
- Academy Road BIZ
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Betel Home Foundation
- Breast Cancer Research
- Canadian Blood Agency
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- The Canadian Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome Association
- Cancer Care Manitoba
- Child Guidance Clinic of Winnipeg – 50th Anniversary
- Friends of the Assiniboine Park Conservatory Festival of Trees & Lights
- Habitat for Humanity
- Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Humane Society
- ISC Championship Sponsor
- Jane Harvey’s Curling Team
- Junior Achievement Manitoba
- Kelvin High School & Reunion
- Lassie Ladies Golf Tournament
- Manitoba Chamber Orchestra
- Manitoba Opera
- Manitobans With Disabilities
- Maples Collegiate Hockey
- Marymound – Celebration of Culture & Family Day
- Misericordia Health Centre Foundation
- Multiple Sclerosis Bike Tour
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Osteoporosis Canada
- Philharmonic Choir
- River Heights School
- Rockwood School Parent Council
- Sons of Italy
- O.S. Annual Chef’s Dinner
- Smart Money Fair
- Theatre Projects Manitoba
- United Way
- Variety, The Children’s Charity
- Winnipeg Art Gallery
- Winnipeg Business Club
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Winnipeg In Bloom
- Winnipeg Jazz Festival
- Winnipeg Philharmonic Choir
- Zoological Society